Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

What's in a tear?

What's in a tear? Exactly why do we cry these tears? It can't always just be feelings... Can it? I mean, we all know that we cry when we feel things strongly, right? We cry the most when we're overcome with sadness, pain, happiness, hate or fear. There are so many songs in this day and age about tears and crying over loved ones, break ups or physical ouchies.

I believe there's one common factor in each one of these. Now it may be a stretch, but stay with me on this one. The Holy Ghost is behind each and every one of these crying moments, whether before or after the tears, He's there.

If you notice, after each painful encounter, after each heartache, there is a feeling of peace. That peace may come after 10 minutes or 10 years, but after the pain is over, there's peace. A peace only brought by one thing and that's the Holy Ghost. He understands that whoever you are, where ever you are, we all need comfort to finish off  the situation and give us our total peaceful end. That's a promise of this Holy Spirit we've been blessed with. That's why it's here, to guide and to heal.

Our Heavenly Father and brother Jesus Christ are here of course to give us peace, but sometimes They give us that wonderful peace through the Holy Ghost and His comforting power. Our Saviors love is felt through that comfort. I know I've felt His hands dry my tears over and over in my life through this comforting spirit.

I wish somedays that I could remember the loving spirit that will bring me comfort faster when I'm shedding those tears...
Food For Thought..

No comments:

Post a Comment