Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas... Need I Say More?!

Family fun. Food. Prime Rib. Candy. Mission. Mission MISSION MISSION M-I-S-S-I-O-N!!!! Perfect words.
The best part about this wonderful day was holding a baby. The baby that I love.
Alexander Daveline is my nephew. He is SO cute and him and I are just... Best of friends. I love him with all my heart but today was extra special for me.
I noticed that when we were together that years ago, this day, Mary was holding a pure baby. A baby boy named, Jesus. He was the one to save our souls. Did she know what she was holding? Yes. Did she know who she was holding? Yes. Did she know EVERYTHING that he would do and go through? No way.
Did I know what I was holding? Yes. Did I know who I was holding? Yes. Do I know what he will do in his life? No. Do I know what pain he will cause those ladies? Yes haha. He'll be just like his uncle, I can tell!
Each and every time I see him I make sure he knows 3 things.
That I love him
That I'll ALWAYS be here for him
That he as family is more important than anything else
Sometimes I wonder if babies can read our emotions with out us saying anything. He could tell how happy I was when I got to hold him.
I was humbled at the Christmas we had this year. His parents, Andrea and Adam gave each other the most precious gifts. They weren't expensive, but all from the heart. And you could tell on their faces that's what was needed, wanted, loved. Amy and Brock gave each other gifts but focused on the joy of Sammi and her gifts. Beth and Brian both went over their budgets but had love in the eyes of each other for the chance they had to just be with each other on this day.
My parents were over joyed at the time they had to be with their family, the many kids that they haven't spent time with like this in a long time.
I love love. I love my family.
Perfection is with the family, that's why my message on my mission is always somehow connected to family love. The Saviors love is all about brotherly love and family love as well.
Food for thought :D

No comments:

Post a Comment