Pages

Saturday, December 18, 2010

What I've Been Working For

My bishop told me once, "You're mission is obviously really important, but what's more important is what happens in the temple before you go."
I kinda laughed a little at what he said. I mean, my mission is two years, the temple session I would attend is only a few hours. Little did I know what would ensue on this sacred, hallowed ground.
The sacred tihngs that are part of the ceremony only testified of our Heavenly Fathers love for his children, me bening one of them.
While sitting in one of the most beautiful rooms I've ever sat in, I had so many things come to me, the most important of which was this feeling. I love you.
I love you... Three words that we hear everyday from friends, family and always, our Heavenly Father, even if we don't always hear it. I can't even explain the feeling of pure love I had for each and every person I came in contact with after that expression of love from my Father.
I've said that phrase to many people. I've heard it from just as many. I've never understood the true meaning of love until that moment in time. Until I felt that pure 100% love. There is nothing that can match or imitate that love, that true joy.
The Book of Mormon defines joy as the potential to be like God. I thought I understood joy in past moments in my life but I truly felt the joy of others in the past when their first temple session occured. I wish I could explain in words, I'm struggling to be able to put it into words understood by anyone other than those who have before gone through.
I thought that revelation was something that testifies to me the truth of things and I guess I was partially right. But this truth was one I had never prayed for or even considered. Love.
And that love is what I've been working all my life to feel.
Food For Thought :)

No comments:

Post a Comment