Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Better Off

When does something go from better off with you to better off without you? I was trying to relate this to the scriptures and it hit me, finally. Jonathan and David were best friends. They were as brotherly as two friends can get, really. Jonathan loved David with all his heart. He cared for David more than most people care for their own siblings. It wasn't a question of if he loved him, he showed it greatly and showed it through his example and through his actions. Jonathan loved David so much that he let David go and helped him escape as safely as possible. He didn't make David go, but knew that David would be happier with out him, with out his stresses weighing upon David.

I was thinking about that, reading some other stuff and realizing, maybe it's not that I need to mend wounds, stop fights and take back words. Maybe I just need to let go. Maybe some people really would be happier with out my stresses and bad attitude weighing upon them. Maybe, like the Jonathan of old, I need to let others go because they'll be safer and happier away from me, from my life, from my personality.

Jonathan saw it in David. He saw that David was happier when David wasn't within the castle walls. He saw that though David would say he was just happy with where he was with Jonathan, Jonathan saw the proof that David was better off with other people.

Well, if you know your bible stories, Jonathan was right. David became a great king instead of the shepherd boy he once was. Jonathan ended up dying for a great cause while remaining a worthy servant to his Heavenly Father. Both were better off or just as good without the other.

Point of this rant? Sometimes, though I feel like I need others, they're happier without me. They're in a better place without my personal problems weighing down on me and them. In Children of Eden it says, 'The hardest part of love, and the rarest part of love, is the letting go.' If I love someone, the greatest act of love I can do for them, is to let them go and be free of our troubles.

I know there are many out there that we grow better with each other because my heart is right, but to others, especially my David, I feel like they are happier without me. They don't want to tell me straight out that they want to go, but they aren't as peaceful and happy when they're with me compared to without.

To keep or not to keep, that is the ultimate question.
Food For Thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment