Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Goal of GOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAALLL!!!s

Today I created one of my hardest goals I've ever decided to try. One that will test my strength, my man(boy)hood and my courage. This goal will change my life, forever. I know that if I'm able to accomplish this goal, I'll have a successful, wonderful life. What is this goal you ask? I'm going to start... Making goals! What was this inspiration you may ask? A Spanish futbol announcer.
Usually when I watch T.V., my brain is not only turned off, but unplugged, taken out and saved for a different time. Yet for this one time, my brain decided to turn on it's own on switch and jump straight back into my head. Commercials are for advertising, but this one was for inspiring. It consisted of two people playing a normal game of chess and one crazed Spanish announcer yelling GOOOOOAAAALLL in the background. Now for most people, this is just another funny, yet cheesy car insurance commercial, but for me, at that moment, it was an inspiration. It gave me what I needed to start my goals.
In our society, we take goals for granted. We always have amazing New Years goals that last up to a month, after that month is over, we ditch those and return to our brainless couch potato state of mind. We set our goals so far away from reality that they are no longer goals, but dreams. I will never get a six pack in 3 months. Though it is definitely possible, it's far from probable. We need to start setting the probable goals. The goals that are as simple as eating 3 meals a day. Start with the small goals and increase the intensity of these goals until they are where we need them. We see it everyday. Even our President does it. He sees a bad economy and creates an impossible goal or dream to fix it in four years. These goals only hurt our situations, they make us weaker and weaker. Everytime we fail, we get discouraged and our dreams get smaller and smaller. Some say we're raised to fail. I think we just learn to create impossible goals. As we notice from the Presidents goal, it's not that the goal was not probable, but that it was impossible and we see that our economy has only suffered from his goals.
Stopping dreams is not what I'm saying needs to stop. As Gail Devers says, "Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe." With out these dreams, we have no reason to carry on, because there's nothing to hope for. But making our goals our dreams solely is what leads us away from happiness. We can, no we must have dreams, but those dreams can be acheived through small goals.
If we use these goals, they lead to the achieving of our dreams, but we cannot set one goal that is just a dream.
Ya never know, by achieving these small goals, we might be shouting for GOOOOOOAAAAALLLS with my Spanish friend!
Food for thought

No comments:

Post a Comment