Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

Teacher...?

Today was a very neat experience for me! I got to go to the classes of Mr. Johnson and teach them! I have never truly considered being a teacher something to do for fun or for a career, but after today it became a serious bonus choice for me. Just working with those kids was such an amazing experience! I loved every minute of it and couldn't believe how fast time flew by just being able to direct and help those kids in all that they needed. I felt like the expert of Shakespeare, if you will. I didn't want to stop and ended up coming back for more (which, surprisingly, is the first time coming back for more benefitted me) to help a few of those that either didn't get help or didn't have enough time in class. So basically, my little brother Benjamin did a very good job on his monolgue, doing a very believable rendition of Richard II. I was blown away by his already fantastic blocking and the way that HE understood both the language and the double meanings. He's a very smart young man and has the potential to become a great actor. I would not be surprised to see him leading the shows this year, or the next! I gave him a few pointers, but didn't have to tell him much to get him to where, I thought, he was comfortable. He has so many new things to do and I'm very excited to see him not only excel down at the festival, but to win. My one regret from highschool is that I was never able to win in scenes or monologues in my 3 trips down to the festival. I was always envious of those that could. I sure hop that they'll make my dreams come true by being able to live my dream.... It's funny how one person being sick can change peoples lives and put an ever-lasting opinion on your own personal life in the mean time. I guess, in some way, I'm glad that Mr. Johnson was sick today. Oh how the Lord works in mysterious ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment