Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Oh LODI!

Hi everyone!

Well... This week was... AMAZING!!!! Holy cow it has FLOWN by. But it was great! So I went and said goodbye to the good ole Stockton. I've never said a proper hello to the great Lodi. What a blessing it is to be able to say that I have been called by a Prophet and assigned by a mission president that KNOWS where we need to be. In 3 days we added 4 people. Usually we add 3-4 people a week over here! It's CRAAZY how Heavenly Father knows when you are needed in a different way.

These people are just amazing. The ward is fantastic! They're super helpful. Only problem? They feed us every night. My stomach is NOT used to that haha first night? Mexican fiesta. My first taste of true Carne Asada straight off the grill onto my plate. 2nd and 3rd nights? Cerviche.... Greatest. Invention. Since watches. I love cerviche. It's basically a salsa fresca (fresh salsa) with shrimp. So it's got shrimp (fresh shrimp) avacado, tomatoes, onions, lime and taptio of course! Then you put it on a tostada... Sweet mercy. I ate like half the bowl! It was SOO good! The members feed us EVERY NIGHT!!! Who knew? Not I!

Our investigators are solid. We've already seen sweet miracles through obedience to our plans. I would like to share a couple super quick before my time runs out! (I feel like Elder Day,... Counting down the time till the end of the emailing arrives.... 6:34.....33....32.....31)

So we were just out tracting and ran into this lady. She was SUPER cool but not interested at all. But she said her nephew had a Book of Mormon and had been trying to find a church to go to because he had just moved from Pittsburge, Cali. We thought immediately baptism. Even better! We found him and turns out he's a recent convert looking for the chruch to go to! What a miracle we found a lamb that had been found and was starting to leave the path! But we found him again and now he's coming to church. Miracle, no?

We have a lady named Anna and on our 2nd lesson together, we firmed her up (got her with a baptismal date, ready for baptism). She will be getting baptized on the first Saturday in July. We're very pleased that she's FINALLY following through after 3 transfers of investigating. One of our investigators, Eric, had been wondering about the apostasy and which church was true. He basically stole our biggest question, "Have you ever wondered why there are so many churches around and if there's one true church?". He is super solid we're teaching him for the second time tomorrow. We have a few others but I haven't met them yet.

Elder Thiesson from Canada is my new companion. He's the man. Another District Leader haha 3 in a row so I'm really excited to help him as much as I can. My Spanish has been blessed. I'm now understanding and having random conversations in Spanish. It's been great. I can now understand all of church! YAY!!! Life is great in California!

Also, I'm becoming my father. I told one of the members who had brought us Chinese food that.... She was an excellent cook.... I'm also starting to have some of his little things as well (the hands at the pulpit, the hands while talking to people, removing my glasses for dramatic effect...) Who knew I would love it! I'm so very grateful for a great example of a father I have in my life. It's a great privilege I have to call him my dad :D Thanks dad! I love you!!!

That's all folks!!!!!

Love,
Elder Walker

P.S. Please make a mormon.org account. It really helps to show investigators people I know and use your testimonies in their progression.... :D Loves and stuff!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment