Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

No tricks, but this one's a real treat!

Hola todos!
What a wonderful week. I'm so excited to tell you and share these wonderful experiences with you all XD
We had a zone conference on Thursday with Elder Yamashita of the 70 who talked last conference. He was very fun. Oh. and surprise surprise. Since my old zone leader and mission hero, Elder Kelley, was moved to AP, there's now someone up there that knows me really well. I had gone under the radar for a while lol but now he's there. So ya know 2 days before zone conference he calls me up to congratulate us on the last week and I was thinking oh great how nice. But no, there's always something else. He asked me to sing a song, a special number, solo, for Elder Yamashita and President and crowd there. I just about wet myself. But did it with a great pianist Elder Johnson. He's super great so we got it down in an hour. An hour of practice and we were then going to perform in front of a man who's probably witnessed Jesus Christ himself.... It went great and Elder Yamashita and his wife were so kind. Sister Lewis wanted mom to know that she should be proud and that she felt like my mom sitting there. She almost got up right after to give me a hug. Then realized her calling and kept down lol. She's a great lady!
We had a great week serving the people here and God blessed us to achieve many goals this week. Our lessons, invites, referals but most importantly, firms and people at church.
Mayra, the girl we've been working with who works at this rocking bakery, free bread and drinks everyday. They're the nicest people with the BEST bread in the whole world ps.... Anyway, we went over there saturday to 'firm her up' or in other words, get her with a solid baptismal date. This friday. We went over and she said she's felt good about it but wasn't sure. We felt inspired to ask if she felt the scriptures were true. She said she always got her answers through just opening up to a page and then there it would be. I got super nervous but asked her to do it. I felt the spirit really strong, testifying that she needed to do it with the Book of Mormon, so I gave her the book and she opened it. NOw, to build some suspense, the last 2 times I've done this here have backfired, terribly. FIrst the guy opened to where Nephi killed Laban and the other was just a random war scripture. But this time it succeeded. She turned to Docterine and Covenants 84:64 and it talks about how after baptism you recieve the Holy Ghost and how it helps. What a miracle! She came to church and got the answer to be baptized. She had her interview and is firm for the 4th of November. Probably the first November baptism in the mission. What a joyous experience that will be! She's so happy.
We also had a miracle of finding Felicita and her family. They're what you call Platinum investigators. So we have Golden investigators who are like great and want to hear the gospel and want to be baptized but you have to work really hard on things with them. Then there are Platinum. They're so solid that you can't believe or understand what you did right to be able to teach them. That's Felicita. We met her on thursday and got her to church on Sunday. She made best friends with all the members AND signed up on our dinner calender. 3 times. W-O-W. I've never seen a person like this! We have to teach her everything still but she is ready. Already had a book of mormon and a best friend that taght her a lot. I'm so excited for her. Her son, Benito and I are BFF's already. When we came on Sunday, he ran to the door and gave me a big old hug. He's great and I"m excited for him to learn more about our Heavenly Father.
Also, a less active named Miguel Franco is awesome. He came to church 2 times. HIm and I immediately clicked. So much that he's going to Utah and wants to pass by Mom and Dad's house to try and talk to them a little bit haha. He asked me Friday if I could baptize his brother. My mouth dropped and said yes, obviously not gonna turn that one down lol. It was so great. He came with his brother and they had a great time! HIs brother will be baptized on the 20th.
We had 5 people to church on sunday that are investigating the church. 5. That's the highest in this place for years. It's amazing to see how the Lord is working with us and helping us. I don't know what to do. I feel so small in this grand work but feel the Lord's hand so strong. Pushing us to where we need to go.
All day today is a PDay. No leaving to trick or treat for us. AKA time to write some good ole letters lol and eat at Home Town Buffet.
I know this is the church of God. I know that if we can only do our little tiny percent we have, God will make up for the rest. I"ve learned que mediante Jesucristo, ninguna otra persona, podemos ser salvos. Podemos tener el amor de Dios para compartirlo con todos. Solamente tenemos que trabajar.Ir y hacer, tratar y superar. Es todo. I just realized I was speaking spanish lol. We just have to go and do. That's all. I know that that is the only way God can help us is if we're doing!
I love you all!!!!!
Elder Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment