Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I'm gonna be a "DAD"

Hola everyone!
 
I just want to thank you all for the Christmas tree.  I love it! I look at it everynight and surprisingly it keeps me focused! It keeps me thinking about why I came out here and the example I GET to be to those little sobrinos and sobrinas (nieces and nephews) that I have back at home.
 
What a year in sports! The sad thing is, I've had more people ask and know about Brandon Davies than I have about Mitt Romney. What a sad sad twisted world it is in these days, huh? We should definitely be more informed on who's running our country than who's running a fast break.
 
WE had an unusual turkey day. No jello. No gravy. No stuffing. It was good mexican food but I've never seen beans and horchata or eaten my turkey with a home made tortilla (which, by the way, I know how to cook!) on Thanksgiving day. But hey! I was super grateful for how good it was! I got some great relaxation time, that's for sure. Got us all rested up for today :D We finally played basketball again, so that was great! ALMOST dunked off of a miss, but then remembered I'm still white and just layed it up.
 
Transfer days yet again. I love Elder Guzman and wanted him to stay SO bad. I wish I could say my prayer of him staying was answered because we FINALLY hit our best day on Monday where the spirit was just FLYING and people couldn't help but want to be baptized. I wish he was staying but sadly, he's gone. He will be doing one transfer in English work with my good buddy, Elder Fitt. He and I were in the same apartment in Lodi and became great friends. I'm very excited for my companion and KNOW that he will be a great Elder in the English work and also learn a LOT about why he's here. He's such a great Elder and I can't wait to see him get even better. He's been one of my favorites and we will see each other around a lot during the next transfer seeing as he's literally just around the river bend.
 
And the scary news? President has asked me to train.... A brand new elder..... AHHHHHHHH!!! When those words came out of his mouth I immediately forgot to breath. haha K see ya later I know it doesn't sound like a big deal but I'm so scared! If he gets trained wrong it could effect a lot a TON of his mission. And I would be responsible for it. That scares me a lot. President and I had a nice short phone call about it and he calmed me down (he already knows when I'm scared and I think he giggled a little at my reaction of, "Wait... What? Are you serious?") I almost asked where Ashton was, thinking I was being punked. But I accepted and I'm very excited to see the Lord carry this area. I still feel like I was just barely born the other month and now BAM. I'm having a new bouncing baby boy! I'm pretty scared but very excited to meet my new friend :D
 
This week we had an all-star week. We had a spiritual down pour and the blessings just showered upon the area. There were many, MANY miracles that happened this past week. Just in the short few days we had! We saw the blessings when 5 came to church, 2 unexpected including the sister of Erick, who also came to church, and is getting baptized this Saturday at 6. This is the 4th baptism in this area in the past year and we're looking at at least 2 more in december. The Lord is opening up Rancho Cordova. It's hard to go under with our small little buckets and try to catch all the blessings!
 
My only problem this week was feeling down. Sometimes, I felt like the WORST missionary in this mission and I didn't understand why. I thought it was Satan trying to get me down but then I realized what I had fasted and prayed for lately. To be more humble. Let me recommend something. Never pray and fast for humility unless you are ready to be hammered with humbling experiences. There were times when I couldn't think of ANYTHING in Spanish. I was shocked because of how little I could say. Then last night I was praying with tears streaming down my face and heard a soft voice or feeling telling me that I had asked specifically for what I was getting. I had a short moment of laughter and then another down pouring of the Lord's spirit. I've learned to love humbling experiences. I guess that's a good thing since I will be receiving them a lot this transfer.
 
Our other investigators are doing great! We've fixed some problems in the ward and after passing out some candies and a 21 day plan that Elder Ballard gave to a mission in Salt Lake, they really took hold of missonary work. We're now trying our best to plan our schedule around theirs. It's hard sometimes because we forget who works when, but it's getting a lot easier to get them to come out with us.
I love Rancho.
 
I will be picking up my new companion tomorrow at about 10:00. I'm very excited to get to know him and tell you all about him next week! I'm sure he'll be EXACTLY what this area needs.
 
The Lord will never let us down XD!
 
Love you all!
 
Elder Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment