Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Just have to be obedient...

Howdy yall!

I'm in LOVE with Lodi! I would never live here, let's be for real, but I would LOVE to stay here another transfer. Whatever the Lord says, huh? We've been having great success! It's been great to be able to see the Lord's hand in helping all of the people out here, we just have to be obedient psh (NEXT WEEK WE'LL ASK HIM WHAT AN "OBEDIENT PSH" IS -- STAY TUNED!) that's not bad at all! For the blessings that we're seeing out here... How could we not do something that simple...?

We got a referral named Giovanni who came to church this week. We had 6 people at church! It was so great to see the Hernandez family and Giovanni there just LOVING it. Giovanni is super solid and has quickly become one of my favorite people that I've taught so far. He's LOOKING for the truth and I know he's found it. He just has to recognize it. He's an honest nice guy and I KNOW General Conference will be a HUGE help in his progression to baptism along with his friend Arianna. They're the best. They already want us over for dinner this Friday! haha so cool! Anyway, he said the best thing was that this was the first church that the whole congregation came up to him and welcomed him. He said he felt they loved him and he's been looking for that. I hope his search is over, it's just a few things that might be a problem for him but he believes Joseph saw god! That's always good, huh?

This week we had a great time on Monday celebrating my birthday with the great families out here, The Lopez, Campos, Cardona's, Cortez and Perez (mis carnales!) It was a really spiritual night and Sister Lopez brought one of her friends for a great family home evening! We had tortas which is like a sandwich from the heavens! SOO good and they bought this super nice cake too! It was great. Never EVER try to bite the strawberry in the middle of the cake, it always goes wrong! ha ha aka they push your face into the cake. It was super fun though!

We also had the miracle of miracles! Pablo, my one legged friend from my first transfer here? He was there on Sunday! WITH 2 LEGS!!! He was a little upset we hadn't called, but I thought he was in Mexico... Silly me. But he said we could call and set something up to go see him and he said he'd be home waiting for the word of God. I love that man! I'm so glad he got a leg as well, he deserves it!

Well the family got their interviews. BAPTISMS! We're so proud of the decisions they've made to make it where they are, to be able to feel the spirit they do and to continue on this path that they're going on. I'm so stoked to see them in the waters of baptism and Chava, the 9 year old boy who has become one of my best friends asked me to baptize him. I'm super excited! He's a great kid and knows all the answers first! He's a great example and will be a strong member in the church for this branch. Only sad part is that the dad couldn't make it to church so he'll have to wait for a couple more weeks, but his attitude has changed and now he's into being baptized! How great huh?

The work is going great! We're going to head to Cold Stone for our celebration of missionary work today and then off to the Cheese factory. A little classy store full of pizza. JK Cheese! My fav! Also just so Amy knows, the Superman shirt makes me look RIPPED!!! But really... My comp told me that this will be my new dating shirt back home.... Good thing I don't have girls to worry about in a while eh?

Love ya!
Elder Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment