Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

The Lord is always there

Hey Y'all!

This week was super great and crazy and up and down! I've decided praying for humility stinks. I never realized how prideful I am. Luckily Heavenly Father answered my prayers (with a smile and a few cracked knuckles) and gave me many things to be humble about.

Abril's baptism was....filled with opposition. It was amazing though! I loved it! They ended up not having a ride there and told us at 7:57 a few minutes before we were supposed to start so we ended up starting at 8:15 or so. The water wasn't high enough but Heavenly Father blessed us and we got her under the second time :) Then everyone was stressed but nothing could stop that baptism. No matter how hard Satan tried. She didn't think anyone else had the authority to baptize her so after a lot of explanation and talk, she settled on me baptizing her. It was a great honor and it went fantastic. Luckily the Lord is always there.

We had a great week with talking to people and asking all to be baptized (well most of them ;D) and wow. what a wonderful blessing that is. I love it so much when we see people light up about the gospel!

Alma 29:14 hit me hard. I'm learning how to cherish OTHERS' success this week. And the rest of my life. Oh that I were an angel. You don't know how many times we say that a day :). I really do want others to have success, but the arm of flesh takes over. It's so dumb. I usually only cherish the "us" success and not the "them" success. I need to be more humble in that aspect. Here comes the humbling. :D It should be fun!

Love,
Elder Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment