Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Learning from my mistakes...

SO my week this week was AMAZING!!! This was the week of the WHOLE lesson in Spanish!! Scary? Si mucho... I was so nervous because I wasn't sure if I had done my best to prepare but the spirit soon testified that I had 'sufficient for my needs' and brought back the ENTIRE lesson to my mind. Unfortunately, Elder Grajeda hasn't used his time too well, especially language study time so he hasn't been able to learn as much Spanish, but his scriptures were great! We taught a lady that is from Mexico. It was amazing. I was able to expound on the points and we gave her a pretty good lesson! I have to say that I have already made some really fun mistakes. For instance, point, in Spanish is punto... but if you end it with a female -a, it's a really really bad word... I said that about 8 times while teaching my teacher... What a wonder...
Luckily today has been exactly what I've needed. I started to get really down yesterday because you know me. One thing goes wrong and I'm stressed and my companion was just being sad all day and I didn't know what to do. Until I found Mormon 8:22... It was really cool to read that and compare it to the stone cut out of the mountain in Daniel and to missionaries... The work LITERALLY rolls on... On bicycles! I was just shocked that sharing that with my class and bearing sincere testimony made the change I needed to carry on with my day in righteousness... I love the MTC... I sometimes wish I could have some Dr. Pepper (hint hint ;)) but other than that I have no complaints!
Thank you all for your support and love...
I had some really cool experiences. I was assigned to be district leader and have already had some really neat inspirational thoughts going through my mind. The gift of tongues arrived this week. Who knew you had to work to receive it?! I sure didn't! I tried my best to be my best all week and I learned SO much Spanish but as Alma says, As to myself, I am nothing, but I will boast in my God for through Him I can accomplish all!
Con Amor,
Elder Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment