Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Who's teaching who?

Hola mamsita!!! jaja el computador es habla en ingles.... No espanol.... Espanol es muy bien! Es MUY deficil. Me maestro habla en espanol todos los clase... No bueno!!!!

Luckily my P-Day is today, friday, so we get to rest a little bit from the overload of classes during the week...Some days I have some serious troubles with the language, but then I realize what my call is to do. It's to PREDICAD SUS EVANGELIO, not to learn espanol. I will learn spanish when I've sufficiently humbled myself and worked as hard as I can.

I have increased my faith immensly while I have been here in el MTC. It's been really nice to be able to speak some of it... I can now doy mi testimonio cerca lo perfecto.... No perfecto yet... Pero yo soy muy muy cerca... I had the coolest experience! I'll write it to dad since he sends it to everyone but I wanted to share it with mi madre as well! We do 'tocars' most days, which is to knock (also to play musical instruments) and everyone was struggling the first day because we could not do it en espanol! It was muy deficil y nuestro maestro es muy rapido en espanol... So anyway, he said we'd do an example of it and bam... I got to be el companero!!!! Es muy bien. Entonces, he started doing it alone but the spirit told him that he couldn't, even as the teacher, get into the classroom. So he tried once and got shut down. Then he turned to me and said. "You need to start this with our introduction and your testimony." I started crying of fear and curled up in a ball... But then when I came out of my chomotos state, I was able to actually understand and listen to the spirit. I bore my testimonio perfectly and it was such a blessing to be able to feel that spirit as I bore it, en espanol, the third day we were doing classes.

My campanion, Elder Grajeda is great. We butt heads a lot, but it's teaching me humility and to not fight about everything, like you know I did. I've learned that if I fight, I lose the spirit. If I lose the spirit I can't speak my heart en espanol. If I can't hablo espanol, I get frustrated and down on myself.

Which brings me to Sunday. haha.... It was not a fun day. I was going to go tell my mission president I couldn't handle Spanish anymore and then either tell him to re-assign me or send me home. But the prayers of my family is really what has kept me going. Those prayers brought me comfort and directed Elder Evans (our fireside speaker) to say exactly what I needed to hear.

Love,
Elder J Henson Walker

1 comment: